Senior Test Engineer
- Great opportunity to join a growing smart grid technology organization
- Apply your test planning & strategy experience to a complex wireless domain
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and a unique company culture
About our company
In a world where global warming, rolling blackouts, rising energy prices and an aging, frequently malfunctioning distribution system are front page news, Tantalus works with electric, water and gas energy providers to improve resource efficiency, deliver reliable service, and streamline operations. We give utilities the tools and information they need to engage consumers in ongoing conservation efforts, and also provide the backbone technology that makes these programs successful.
The Tantalus Utility Network, TUNet®, is an award-winning end-to-end communications and applications system that enables utilities to automate processes, improve business operations and deliver top-tier customer service. Our real-time, self-healing, two-way communications network, combines WAN / LAN / Grid Edge components to create a platform that is fast, reliable, scalable, and easy to deploy. TUNet® enables utilities to automatically collect interval consumption data, precisely monitor power quality, as well as instantly detect outages and verify restorations. Furthermore, TUNet® is a platform designed to support emerging applications such as IoT-based edge computing, which will ultimately contribute to the Smart Grid of the future.
For more information about Tantalus and TUNet®, please visit our website.
About our culture
Tantalus culture is built on hard work, respect and cooperation. Throughout the development process, our team enjoys iterating, collaborating and learning. We are developers, engineers, testers, technicians, and inventors. We are a group of critical thinkers with a proven track record in delivering great products and applications.
Our modern office, centrally located in the heart of Burnaby, provides our team with a collaborative, social and engaging work environment. With a games room, fitness facility and various social activities, we encourage our team to interact, learn and grow with each other on a daily basis.
We are looking for people who share: our commitment to getting the job done, and our belief that perfection should never get in the way of progress.
About the opportunity
We have a strong team consisting of test leads for each of network server, endpoint, and UI/application testing. As a result of a recent promotion, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer who is experienced in Agile Testing. The successful candidate will work to prevent delays that result from system bugs and errors being caught late in the development cycle.
The primary responsibilities of this dynamic role are, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team to evaluate, plan, design, develop and execute testing throughout the agile development cycle
- Ensure that product functional requirement as well as non-functional requirement are met
- Execute various types of testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, stress and acceptance testing.
- Troubleshoot products and test environment to identify the cause of failure
- Contribute to design, development, and implementation of test automation
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Cultivate, define and implement system testing best practices
Our ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ hands-on experience with testing hardware, software and firmware components and an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent. You also bring at least 2 years experience in each of the following:
- Linux development environment experience
- Testing experience in an Agile development environment
- Practical experience with at least one of Python, Perl, Linux shell scripting
As a senior test engineer, it is important that are collaborative team player with a desire to mentor junior team members. From design to implementation, you have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, passionate about innovative solutions, plus have a strong personal commitment to quality and documentation.
About the Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
- Comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Travel insurance;
- MSP coverage;
- Your choice of paid parking space or transit reimbursement;
- 3 weeks' annual vacation; and
- Opportunities for paid professional development and training.
Best of all, you will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment!
Now is the perfect time to join the Tantalus team which is in an exciting period of significant growth. Apply Now!