Field System Engineer
MN or CT
- Join a growing technological organization
- Perfect opportunity for a customer service minded project manager with strong technical & installation experience
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary, great benefits and a truly unique company culture
Founded in 1989. Tantalus develops, manufactures and markets two-way data communications networks for electric, water and gas utilities. Our goal is simple - to provide utilities with more intelligent communications infrastructure.
The Tantalus Utility Network (TUNet) is Tantalus' real-time, two-way, fixed wireless network that is used within a utility's Smart Grid ecosystem. As the winner of several high-profile business and technology awards, TUNet enables utilities to monitor, control and respond to events anywhere, at any time. Serving as the communications backbone, it makes smart metering, power quality monitoring, outage reporting, local control and distribution automation practical and cost effective. As a result, utilities can achieve greater operational efficiency, provide more accurate billing and ultimately, deliver better customer service to consumers.
In short, our solution connects the entire resource distribution system so a utility can gather better information and achieve a new level of operational, business and customer service control and efficiency.
For more information about Tantalus and TUNet®, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Field System Engineer to join our Customer Operations team! For this team-expansion role, we are considering applications from either Minnesota or Connecticut.
We are searching for customer-oriented Field System Engineers with a demonstrated ability to provide high-quality onsite technical set-up for multi-faceted wireless communication projects that ideally include server, RF, and other hardware components.
As a member of our Customer Operations team, you will support our project managers by providing on-site technical expertise in the installation and deployment of the TUNet solution, while ensuring Tantalus meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Specifically, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and oversee all onsite technical set-up including site surveys, installation, configuration, RF tower commissioning, and other associated details
- Support customers in solving complex product problems during the installation process
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 5+ years’ experience involving direct customer interaction and support;
- 5+ years’ experience in large network implementations;
- Command-line experience in either Linux or Unix, and ability to write SQL queries to Oracle and SQL databases;
- Hands-on experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector analyzers, etc.
This role will perfectly suit a self-motivated and results-focused individual who has the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
Preference will be given to candidates who also have hands-on experience in any of the following:
- AMI/AMR, RF or Wireless communications;
- Implementing and integrating information systems;
- Implementing or operating large telemetry, control, or communications systems;
- Deploying communications equipment and networks.
Lastly, strong attention to detail is essential, as is the proven ability to trouble-shoot and make sound decisions. Ultimately, your success in this role will be determined by your ability to meet long-term project objectives.
Please note that this role requires travel up to 75% of the time.
If this sounds like a position you would enjoy, please read on to see what Tantalus can offer you!
About the Benefits
Currently experiencing a period of sustained and significant growth, now is the perfect time to join the Tantalus team.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
- 80/20 benefit coverage, including paramedicals, prescriptions and dental;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Cell phone and laptop;
- Mileage reimbursement;
- 3 weeks' annual vacation; and
- Opportunities for paid professional development and training.
Best of all, you will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment!
With an open door policy and clear communication channels, our primary focus is our people. We greatly value our team and aspire to empower all of our employees to excel through the provision of support and a collaborative, social and engaging work environment.
At Tantalus our primary focus is our people who we support through our open door policy and clear communication channels. Our culture is built on hard work, respect and cooperation. We are looking for people who share: our commitment to getting the job done, and our belief that perfection should never get in the way of progress.
If you want to work on exciting projects with some of the best in the business, don't let this exceptional opportunity pass you by. Apply Now!