TALENT POOL - Field Project Manager
Various, Mainland USA
Over the next 12-24 months we anticipate growth of our Field Project Management team. This could be your opportunity to:
- Join a growing technology organization in a unique industry and domain
- Work with utilities to optimize their communication and application network
- Experience a strong culture of camaraderie while tackling challenging projects
About our company
In a world where global warming, rolling blackouts, rising energy prices and an aging, frequently malfunctioning distribution system are front page news, Tantalus works with electric, water and gas energy providers to improve resource efficiency, deliver reliable service, and streamline operations. We give utilities the tools and information they need to engage consumers in ongoing conservation efforts, and also provide the backbone technology that makes these programs successful.
The Tantalus Utility Network, TUNet®, is an award-winning end-to-end communication and application system that enables utilities to automate processes, improve business operations and deliver top-tier customer service. Our real-time, self-healing, two-way communications network, combines WAN / LAN / Grid Edge components to create a platform that is fast, reliable, scalable, and easy to deploy. TUNet® enables utilities to automatically collect interval consumption data, precisely monitor power quality, as well as instantly detect outages and verify restorations. Furthermore, TUNet® is a platform designed to support emerging applications such as IoT-based edge computing, which will ultimately contribute to the Smart Grid of the future.
For more information about Tantalus and TUNet®, please visit our website.
About the opportunity
As a member of our Customer Operations team, you will be the primary point of contact providing day-to-day oversight of TUNet deployments at customer sites, ensuring Tantalus meets or exceeds customer expectations. While the Field Project Manager is not expected to be the on-site technical expert, they must be experienced in coordination and trouble-shooting of a highly integrated technical system.
Specifically, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute, monitor and control projects from initiation through to delivery and commissioning;
- Support customers in solving complex problems, as well as provide training and technical on-site support;
- Provide leadership to multiple parties to define requirements, establish system design, coordinate deliveries and report to customers;
- Oversee systems integration;
- Negotiate and implement subcontracts, when required; and
- Regularly review and report on project performance to management and other stakeholders.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree or advanced certification in Project Management, Operations Management, Engineering (Computer, Electrical or Systems), or other related field;
- 5+ years of experience managing the operation and/or installation of large, multi-faceted projects;
- Customer management experience or experience in a customer-facing role; and
- A demonstrated aptitude for understanding a complex technical communication system.
In addition, you must be an excellent communicator and have demonstrated ability to deliver presentations to senior management.
A PMP designation is considered an asset, as is experience with any of the following:
- AMI/AMR, RF or Wireless communications;
- Implementing or operating large telemetry, control, or communications systems;
- Deploying communications equipment and networks.
This role will perfectly suit a self-motivated and results-focused individual who has the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
Lastly, strong attention to detail is essential, as is the proven ability to trouble-shoot and make sound decisions. Ultimately, your success in this role will be determined by your ability to meet long-term project objectives.
Please note that this role requires travel up to 75% of the time.
If this sounds like a position you would enjoy, please read on to see what Tantalus can offer you!
About our culture
Tantalus culture is built on hard work, respect and cooperation. Although regionally located, this team has excelled at building a strong, collaborative and supportive team. Through regular team meetings and opportunities to connect in person, this team enjoys spending time together, laughing, and helping each other get a job done well.
We are looking for people who share: our commitment to getting the job done, and our belief that perfection should never get in the way of progress.
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
- 80/20 benefit coverage, including paramedicals, prescriptions and dental;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Stock options;
- Cell phone and laptop;
- Mileage reimbursement;
- 3 weeks' annual vacation; and
- Opportunities for paid professional development and training.
Best of all, you will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment!
If you want to work on exciting projects with some of the best in the business, don't let this exceptional opportunity pass you by. Apply Now!