Agile Project Manager
- Great opportunity for a dynamic Project Manager with experience developing software and wireless systems
- Manage multiple projects, teams and contribute to the future success of a growing technological organization
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary, great benefits and truly unique company culture
In a world where global warming, rolling blackouts, rising energy prices and an aging, frequently malfunctioning distribution system are front page news, Tantalus works with electric, water and gas energy providers to improve resource efficiency, deliver reliable service, and streamline operations. We give utilities the tools and information they need to engage consumers in ongoing conservation efforts, and also provide the backbone technology that makes these programs successful.
The Tantalus Utility Network, TUNet®, is an award-winning end-to-end communications and applications system that enables utilities to automate processes, improve business operations and deliver top-tier customer service. Our real-time, self-healing, two-way communications network, combines WAN / LAN / Grid Edge components to create a platform that is fast, reliable, scalable, and easy to deploy. TUNet® enables utilities to automatically collect interval consumption data, precisely monitor power quality, as well as instantly detect outages and verify restorations. Furthermore, TUNet® is a platform designed to support emerging applications such as IoT-based edge computing, which will ultimately contribute to the Smart Grid of the future.
For more information about Tantalus and TUNet®, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Agile Project Manager to join our Product Development team in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Working within the framework of Agile methodology, you will use your technical expertise to help deliver Smart Grid solutions that meet customer expectations, as well as project scope, schedule and budget. Specifically, you will manage critical product development projects involving integrated systems of enterprise applications, wireless communications networks and embedded device applications.
Primary duties and responsibilities of this dynamic role include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Product Owners to define project scope and deliverables that support business goals;
- Define and communicate project expectations and success criteria to all team members and stakeholders;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Working with the team to estimate the resources required to achieve project goals;
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Create and disseminate progress reports, proposals and relevant documentation, as well as deliver presentations;
- Monitor and manage potential changes to project scope by identifying potential issues and developing appropriate contingency plans;
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team;
- Mentor, motivate and supervise project team members; and
- Conduct thorough project review.
Our ideal candidate will have over 5 years of experience in managing projects with Agile/Scrum methodology. From product conception to release, you will have demonstrated hands-on experience in the development of software/server & wireless systems, with a focus on delivery and deployment to end customers.
As Project Manager, it is important that you seek continuous improvement and lead through ideas, not title. By utilizing your strong communication skills and adopting an authentic "hands on" approach, you will take the time to understand each person's individual strengths to ensure that all resources are being fully optimized. You must also be open to new ideas and look to gain consensus from stakeholders when making critical decisions.
You are self-motivated and results focused with demonstrated ability to multi-task, work fast and articulate the overall health and progress of projects.
Ultimately, your success in this role will be determined by your ability to demonstrate the achievement of key project deliverables.
Previous experience in software development is a significant asset, as is post secondary education in engineering or computer science and/or PMI certification.
About the Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also receive:
- Comprehensive extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Travel insurance;
- MSP coverage;
- Your choice of paid parking space or transit reimbursement;
- 3 weeks' annual vacation; and
- Opportunities for paid professional development and training.
Best of all, you will receive these benefits upon commencement of employment!
About our culture
Tantalus culture is built on hard work, respect and cooperation. Throughout the development process, our team enjoys iterating, collaborating and learning. We are developers, engineers, testers, technicians, and inventors. We are a group of critical thinkers with a proven track record in delivering great products and applications.
Our modern office, centrally located in the heart of Burnaby, provides our team with a collaborative, social and engaging work environment. With a games room, fitness facility and various social activities, we encourage our team to interact, learn and grow with each other on a daily basis.
We are looking for people who share: our commitment to getting the job done, and our belief that perfection should never get in the way of progress.
Now is the perfect time to join the Tantalus team which is in an exciting period of significant growth. Apply Now!